Form Workflow Plus needs a Google Form linked to the spreadsheet to run. When the add-on is started, it checks for a linked Form. If none is found, it would ask you to: 1) select from a list of templates; or 2) link an existing one.
Option 1: Select a Google Form starter template
You can choose from the following:
- Leave Request Form
- Purchase Request Form
- Budget Request Form
- Room Booking Form
Click on "CREATE SELECTED FORM" after making a selection. You can edit the form later by changing/adding questions depending on your use case.
Option 2: Link an existing Form
Get the Edit Form URL
If you have an existing Google Form, the easiest way to use Form Workflow Plus is to run the add-on on the Google Sheet collecting form responses.
Alternatively, you need to get its "Edit Form" URL before running Form Workflow Plus. Search for the Google Form in your Google Drive and double click on the Form to open it on a new tab, as shown:
- This will open a new tab where you can edit the Form, as shown:
- Take note of the URL as you would need to plug this in the Form Workflow Plus sidebar. The general format should be: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/"Your_Google_Form_ID"/edit
Tip: Google has a wide selection of Google Form templates Here are the steps to access them:
- On your Google Drive main folder, click on the New button on the upper left hand side.
- Look for Google Forms > From a template.
- The General tab lists some handy templates
- Click on a template to open it on a new tab
- Take note of the Google Form URL and plug this into Form Workflow Plus
Run Form Workflow Plus and plug in the Google Form URL
- Click on "LINK AN EXISTING FORM"
- Paste the Google Form URL, as shown:
- Click on "LINK FORM"
Edit your Google Form
Click on the menu "Form" then choose Edit form.
From this form, you will be able to set up your questions and preferences.
You can also change the theme, view the responses, and see the live form.
Choose Restrict to [Domain] users if this form is only to be used within your G Suite domain (1).
Check "Collect email addresses" to collect Requesters email addresses (2).